Hope


Only in the wake of dawn do I wake;

Only on the first rays of the sun do I bathe;

Only from the morning dew do I quench my thirst; 

 Only with mother nature do I want to share my secrets first;
  

                                                                      -  Rabha 

  

The real inspiration behind this was the movie "The Last Keepers."


There was a quote there

  "You are not in the nature, You are the nature."

This really got to me.
And I started to think about things. That's when I started writing down and like any other writer next door, you give a pen and paper to us and it's like our fingers and brain go in sync and they already know what to do. And I didn't quite understand what I wrote until it was done.

So the "I" in the little poem is actually 'hope'. The hope we have for a better tomorrow, for a better life. for positivity, to escape the harsh reality of this uncanny world.
The word 'dawn' in the first line really represents a state when the sun is just starting to rise. And is transitioning from darkness to light. It implies that hope rises and illuminates what feels like the night sky for most people. It illuminates the world and makes it beautifully rose gold, orange and tinted yellow colored.

The 'rays of the sun' in the second line represents light and positivity. Hope is always doubled and thrives with love and positivity.

The 'bathe' in the third line represents growth and natural beauty. Hope has a beauty and essence that's pure sublime to the world. It's gorgeous and beautiful. It doesn't need to water itself to grow. It just needs a little thought and effort. Just a little hope for a better life and thus 'morning dew' because dew is the tiny bits of water that we stumble across each day.

And lastly the fourth line, Hope, it's wonderful. But hope has a secret. a secret that is unknown to mankind. They think hope is a blessing, they think hope is wonderful, but that is hope's secret. It cannot thrive without pain and grief and disasters. If our lives were really sublime, we wouldn't need hope in the first place, isn't it? And that is hope's biggest secret. It needs chaos to feed upon. It needs resentment, it needs indifference. And that is her biggest secret...



Image Credit - pixabay

Writer - Rabha

Comments

Popular Posts