Seven English words that I found beautiful

Seven most beautiful words in English

The English language has thousands of words, so it's really difficult to pick up words having really beautiful meanings. So here I've created a list of my personal favourite words that I found really beautiful in the English language. There is a sad word in this list too and a bonus word for the readers at the end.
Let's start...
HAPPY READING : )






Halcyon - Halcyon means happy... It is mostly used as Halcyon Days or Halcyon Time which means happy days in past of someone's life. Halcyon is also a name of a bird. I discovered this word from Ellie Goulding's album named "Halcyon Days" and after knowing what it means, I found this word really beautiful.








Eternity - Eternity means forever, never-ending endless time. This word has a really beautiful meaning and it gets more beautiful when it is used to describe love. Hear's an example -
I will love you till eternity. 
Hear eternity has glittered up the whole sentence as a metaphor.





Vivid - Vivid has two meanings, one is colorful and the other is clear, powerful or strong images in mind or you can call it as evergreen memories that a person has. Here's its use in a sentence. 

Memories of my marriage are still vivid.





Innocence - Innocence is a state of being completely unaware of the real and bad facts of life. It's like someone is really clean, pure and free from any kind of guilt or corruption. Mostly, children are considered innocent because they are unaware of this harsh reality of life and also they are pure-hearted and so, for this reason, I found this word beautiful not literally but also practical because this innocence makes me cry sometimes... You can also check out this beautiful song called Innocence - by Avril Lavigne. Maybe it's your next favorite song on your playlist.





Enchanted - This means to fill (someone) with great delight or charm. Another word that can have a similar meaning is 'captivate' which means to attract. So this word can be used to define your attraction or excitement toward someone. It's like a magical word and hear's how you can use it. 
I was enchanted to meet you. 

(This means that I was very excited to meet you). 

I was captivated by her beauty. 

(This means that I was really attracted by her beauty).


Fragile - It means something is very delicate or weak or can be broken easily. You can use this word for describing things which are delicate but also you can use it beautifully to describe love like  
Love is fragile 
 or  
Their relationship is very fragile  
or  
Now I'm in a very fragile state of my life.



Melancholy - Melancholy is a feeling of pensive (serious) sadness without any cause. It's synonyms are sorrow and Tragic. This word is used to describe a state of complete sorrow. Hear's how to use it in a sentence. 


As the rain started to fall, melancholy filled me up.


BONUS WORD

A dog overwhelmed with sadness.

Overwhelming
- It means something in a huge amount, like Overwhelming joy or happiness. It can be used to describe a strong emotion.
She has an overwhelming desire to sing.


pic credit - pixabay

Written By - Heartless

Comments

Popular Posts